Years at Kids Who Care:
1995 – 2003 (Student)
2003 – Present (Staff)
- What are you doing now? I’m working as a freelance Audio Engineer and Sound Designer. That means that I work with various theaters and companies to design the sound for their productions, install sound systems, mix shows, and more. One of the companies that I get to work with is Kids Who Care!
- What was your favorite role or show you were in at Kids Who Care? Thats a really tough choice but the two that come to mind are getting to sing “Those Canaan Days” in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and playing a rival gang leader opposite Michael Simeroth in Choices (2003).
- What is the strongest lesson you took away from your time at Kids Who Care and how has it made you who you are today? Probably, “to be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be history”. I’m still not always good at it, but for whatever it’s worth, I think of that and feel dread whenever I am late somewhere.
- Which KidPower Point of Power do you most identify with and why? While I wish I could say Efficiency, I’m going to go with Role Model. The role models that I had and still have at Kids Who Care have had such a huge impact in shaping who I am today. I would not be where I am without the work ethic, professionalism and drive that I learned from watching and working with my friends and role models at Kids Who Care. I often hope that I am able to provide that to others when I am given the chance.
- Tell us how what you are doing today applies to what you wrote on your cloud card as a kid. I wrote that I wanted to have my own recording studio. A few months ago, I recorded Deborah Jung leading the relaxation technique in my recording studio. Boom. Cloud cards work
- Any favorite or funny story about your time at KWC that we may not know? When I was probably about eight years old, I wasn’t in KWC yet but still went to California with them, tagging along with my mom and sister. I will always remember trying to woo an ill and bed-ridden Vanessa Rohrer by saving rolls from a restaurant to bring her at the hotel.
- What is your dream for Kids Who Care? To see a presidential race between Riley Morrison and Alix Kiles.